The purpose of the Discipleship Committee is to provide opportunities for spiritual growth and faith formation for members and participants of all ages. It supports the various educational ministries of the congregation and encourages participation in programs of spiritual growth. It supports the Stewardship committee and promotes faithful Christian stewardship. The ministry teams of Discipleship are:
- Confirmation – Confirmation is a way for youth at Epiphany to continue in the covenant God made with them at baptism. It is a great time to build relationships, learn about Scripture, and Lutheranism.
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) – To provide families at Epiphany and in the community with an opportunity for a Vacation Bible School (VBS) experience.
- Encounter:Faith Youth & Adult – To provide opportunities for youth and adults to grow in faith at Epiphany. These opportunities can be at traditional Sunday morning faith formation time(s) and/or at other time(s) throughout the week.
- Bible Studies – currently a weekly Bible study is offered throughout the school year and a women’s book study is offered twice a year for 4-8 weeks depending on the book.
- Prayer Partners – a ministry that may not be visible but is always ongoing in support of members and friends who need special prayers.
- Retreats – This ministry team ebbs and flows with the needs of the congregation. However, its purpose is to provide retreat opportunities for the congregation of Epiphany. For example, 12 women participated in the Wild Women Weekend at Lutheridge this past winter.
If you would like more information about the Discipleship Committee or any of its Ministry Teams, please contact Committee Chair, Emily Phillips.